Saturday, August 13, 2016

Kill Confirmed [aka Supremacy] coming to Destiny!


via IFTTT
Welcome Guardians, this is the YouTube Channel for all things Destiny! This channel aims to provide you news, gameplay and tips & tricks for Destiny. Join and Subscribe for more videos!


Kill Confirmed [aka Supremacy] coming to Destiny

Hi Swaye here with some Rise of Iron update today,  with the new expansion coming up we have some great news. One of my favorite gamemode is coming to destiny which can change the current crucible, which is a kill confirmed mode called Supremacy. We will talk about this game mode in this video and how this will affect the crucible.

The Description of this gamemode says: kill enemies to make them drop a crest , your team only scores if someone picks up the crests and the enemy can also pick up that crest to deny your score, but they wont gain any points.

For the people that are not familiar with this gamemode it is essentially team deathmatch with a  twist, you do not get points for killing an enemy... you will get points for collecting “crests” which will appear when a guardian is killed. Obviously the team with the most points will win. The crests can fall from all killed guardians so it could be coming from both your teammates and the enemy’s team. But you only get points from crests that are dropped from your enemies, and you can deny points by picking up crests that are from your allies. So you can not just be a slayer in your team , you will need to pick up the crests in order to gain or deny any points.

With this new game mode in place we will have yet another objective game mode in our crucible list. I think this is a good addition to the current crucible , at the moment in my opinion we have only a small set of fun objective game modes. There is Zone control where you get points for holding the zones, not to compare this with regular control where you get points for kills, Salvage …..when people are playing this correctly instead of using this game mode for sweaty matches and ignoring the salvage objective, and not to forget Rift is also an objective game mode. I like the fact to have kill confirmed added to the crucible because the gametype is simple and fun which does not necessarily need a lot of communication, this in comparison with Rift which sometime can be fun and sometimes can be very frustrating because a good game really depends on how everyone in the team is working together. Sometimes it magically happens when everyone is in the right spot and doing the right thing and winning the game without any microphone communication , but most of the time there is no co-operation and you will easily lose out against a team that has a better set up.
Rift is really one of those modes where you really need to have a captain directing the team otherwise it can easily fall apart.  
So its good to have kill confirmed, which from my call of duty experience is a lot of fun, it is not only about your K/D, it is simple and you can work as a team or you can play it like a lone wolf.

With this hopefully we can step away from the K/D mindset , which can partly be blamed on the current way how crucible works. We have a lot of game modes in the crucible which is all about killing the opponent, think about clash, rumble, doubles, and of course Trials of Osiris.
Not everyone can be a good shooter, to a matter a fact I dont have a good K/D … but I can stand my ground on the crucible every ones in a while but I am no nKuch or True Vanguard, and I dont mind because I have a lot of fun no matter what K/D I am ending up with in a match. I like to switch it up every now and then by trying out different guns, using different subclasses and using different perks so I can make review videos for you guys. Sometimes I like to use a more rambo in your face build, while there are times I just want to mess around and use a non standard gun for example  like a fusion rifle instead of the more popular sniper or  shotgun load out.
And for me this is fun, by trying out new things. There are some people out there that are obsessed with their K/D , and as a result they become defense and only use those couple of weapons, gear and subclass without switching it up, because this is their most effective build. I am not saying that is wrong, if you want to keep your K/D high you need to have the most effective build and if they like to do this and they enjoy by having an high K/D that is fine.
All I am saying is, this game has so much variety in the amount of guns , perks and subclasses that there is a lot of opportunity to explore and that is what I like from this game to try out different weapons and different builds.

So I am very excited to have Supremacy as a game mode that will be introduced in the next expansion. Let me know what you guys think of this game mode, would you play it, and let me know what your favorite game mode is in the comments below.
I will be making more video’s of the Rise of Iron expansion as we are coming closer to the launch, so subscribe to stay up to date on my latest videos and as always I will see you later guardians!



No comments:

Post a Comment