Thursday, November 9, 2017

Heart of Time FWC Pulse Rifle In-Depth Review! Best Pulse Rifle?


via IFTTT
Welcome Guardians, this is the YouTube Channel for all things Destiny! This channel aims to provide you news, gameplay and tips & tricks for Destiny. Join and Subscribe for more videos!

The Heart of Time FWC Pulse Rifle In-Depth Review

Hi guardians, today we are going to review a unique weapon the future war cult pulse rifle the heart of time. This is the pulse rifle that could have been sold during the first faction rally, but as you all know dead orbit has won that time so we did not manage to get that weapon. With the second faction rally happening now this weapon came back in the weapon pool of future war cult and I was lucky enough to get one drop for me.

I was very excited about this weapon because this is one of the few fast firing legendary pulse rifles in the game, and on top of that this is also one of the few weapons that has dragon fly which is essentially the firefly from destiny 1. This is the perk that causes a small explosion when you hit a precision kill, which is very useful for crowd control in pve.

The heart of time sits in the 540 rounds per minute archetype like the Iron Banner The Time Worn spire and the Lincoln Green.
It has the Rapid Fire Frame,
Candle PS and the
Impulse MS3 sights
Steady Rounds
Tactical Mag
And Dragonfly
I like to use the Candle scope which is nice and clean, and tactical mag because without it I find the reload speed a bit too slow for this gun.

So how does this gun performs in PvP. Well it is a very fun gun to use, it really feels like playing with the Clever Dragon back from Destiny 1. For those who are not familiar with it the Clever Dragon was for a time dominating in destiny 1 until they nerfed it. But this gun is in no way as powerful as the clever dragon back in Vanilla Destiny, it's great on the medium range but if you go a bit further than that then the damage fall off is very noticeable and you will not be able to compete with auto rifles or scouts.
I like to use this gun on small to medium maps and I like to pair it up with the Sondok-C submachine gun in my kinetic slot, because I am still not lucky enough to get an Antiope-d drop for me. For those who dont know it the Sondok-C is basically the blue version of the Antiope-D, I made a video about this you can find the link in the description below or in the right hand corner as a youtube card.
The submachine gun in my kinetic will cover the short range, and the heart of time will do its job in the medium range, and as mentioned before stay out of the long range you won't be able to compete with scouts and auto rifles.
The gun does bounce a bit but it is totally manageable, if you want you can use counterbalance mod to improve that a bit. I did just fine without it though.
I do find the reload speed a bit too slow for me, most of the time when I run out of bullets I will just switch to my kinetic weapon instead of reloading because the reload time is so slow. You will find very often that you will need to disengage and find a safe spot where you have time to reload all the weapons again. And this can really slow your pace when you are on a good killing spree, so you just have to be cautious with that.

The final perk dragonfly will not be that useful in Pvp, sometimes it does it work well when guardians are clumped up together but that is very rare. You will find better use with this in Pve where ads are more often clumped up together, especially in public events.
The weakness of the fast firing pulses in PVE is very noticeable in their damage output, the dps is lower than the popular auto rifles and the damage fall off can be quite drastic when you pass the medium range. This is a bit evened out with the usefulness of the Dragonfly perk, which will up the value of this gun in PVE.

So having said all of this the heart of time is a very solid gun for both Pvp and PVe. However at this time of the video I really need to compare this gun with the Iron Banner Pulse rifle the Time Worn spire. And when you put them together you will see that The Time-worn spire is better than the heart of time in all aspects. The range, stability, reload, and aim assist are all better than the heart of time. Don't get me wrong the Heart of Time is still a very good pulse rifle, however I do need to address the differences in order to make these reviews as objective as possible. If you want to know more about the time-worn spire have a look at my in-depth weapon review video.
So the heart of time is a very solid gun , but unfortunately it does lack a bit when you compare it with the time-worn spire and thus I am going to give this future war cult pulse rifle a solid B.

Thank you so much for watching this video, I really had a great time testing this gun in pvp and pve, the fast firing pulse rifles are really a good change from using auto rifles instead. I highly recommend you to try out this gun it is really fun.
Let me know which gun you want me to review next in the comments below.
Subscribe for more and as always I will see you in the next video guardians.

No comments:

Post a Comment